<a Mike Small, Kuppinger Cole
- Securing the Cloud, Preventing Lock-in – Are Open Cloud Standards the Answer?11.05.2011 14:00-15:00
- Securing the Cloud, Preventing Lock-in – Are Open Cloud Standards the Answer?Cloud Standardization: From Open Systems to Closed Clouds?Vendors are making massive investments into cloud computing, but beware� they are doing so for a reason. In many cases the reason is they see an opportunity to take a leading position which leads to larger lock-in and higher pricing power. Will the cloud lead us back to the time where powerful mega-vendors offered complete closed stacks � from hardware to applications? Or will it be an open competitive market with low switching cost as intended by Adam Smith. In this session we examine some…
- Cloud Provider Assurance Metrics11.05.2011 15:00-16:00
- Cloud Provider Assurance MetricsLarge Scale Cloud Directories
- Personal Clouds – Linking Web and Reality11.05.2011 16:30-17:30
- Personal Clouds – Linking Web and RealityOne location, one identity, one screen to view and manage all the information that is important to you? banking, insurance, employment, healthcare – all kinds of relevant information aggregated, secure and under your control only? This still sounds like a vision or maybe even an illusion. What do we have today? Who are the innovators and what will we see in the near future? Join us in this session to find it out.