Putting Identity at the Center of IoT- Kantara IDoT Strategic Review
The whole world is talking about the business opportunities that the Internet of Things (IoT) will enable. Industry analysts predict that IoT product and service suppliers will generate growing revenue exceeding $300 billion in 2020. While others forecasts that the worldwide market for IoT solutions will grow to $7.1 trillion in 2020. With numbers in the billions and trillions it’s no surprise that the enterprise is paying more and more attention. This landscape of promise also brings mountains of strategic questions for the Identity and Security experts to ponder.
There are many standards that can be applied in the IoT space. However broad cross vertical interoperability remains as a challenge in the IoT. This session will review the current landscape for Identity considerations in the IoT space. It will discuss existing standards as well as the gaps to address to work toward broad market interoperability. The discussion will provide real world examples of challenges and opportunities for Identity in both the industrial and personal real of pervasive IoT. We invite you to join this interactive discussion of experts.
Your takeaways from this session:
- What are current challenges and opportunities for identity in the IoT?
- What are the existing standards and existing gaps industry needs to address?
- Is my organization ready for the digital identity IoT transformation?
- What do I need to know today to take action?
Process Control, Production IT and Operational Technology – No Go Areas for IDM?
IDM usually covers classical office IT. IDM controls who is allowed to do things, who is responsible, who is inside and who stays outside. In areas of operational technologies (OT) and process control we find similar questions. This presentation will take a closer look at typical usecases and practical patterns in OT-Areas.
- Motivation and starting point: Why should IDM cope with OT? When is the right time to get involved?
- Decoupling, robustness and decentralization: Some considerations on aspects beyond office IT working hours.
- Some organizational aspects: What are the main differences?
- Some thoughts on future prospects and widely divergent aims: Office IT, Cloud, IoT, OT.