- TYPE: Seminar DATE: May 09, 2016 TIME: 09:00 – 17:00
What is it that creates such a fast and strong hype around the blockchain topic? The fear of missing out the biggest innovation since the internet? The notion that this time it could really be that one big thing turning everything upside down? Anyway, the industry is on the move, following the connected customer into the transformed world of decentralised digital business, where nothing will be as it has been and much of it will be based on blockchains.
Demystifying the Blockchain: Technology, Strategy, Legal
Most of the banks, insurances and in the meantime also businesses from many other industries are exploring the promise of blockchain, which seems to be growing every day, as if it was the beginning of a disruptive wave of change. Blockchain is center stage all around the globe, although pure visions still are more frequent than solid business cases.
In this seminar, we will
- look at the fundamental concepts of distributed ledger technology and how the different implementations like Blockchain and Ethereum work
- go through current and future use cases to better understand the value which can be derived from blockchain technology
- jointly define an innovation centric strategy model to implant distributed public (and private) ledger thinking and expertise into your organization, leading to the creation of successful new business model
- evaluate the idea behind smart contracts
- address legal aspects like the current regulatory environment in different industries and what legal challenges arise applying it to blockchain technology